Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter Break Challenges

Well, as the saying goes, "better late than never!" I apologize to any student who checked the blog during this break for the challenges I mentioned.  I got so involved with my kids that I never took the time to post your challenges.  Here are a few last minute projects you might choose to work on.  Please bring them to school tomorrow if you choose to do any of them.

Challenge one:  Analogy adventure- create ten or more analogies for the rest of the class to complete. Follow this format- ketchup is to burger as mustard is to ________.  Remember, analogies can be synonyms, antonyms, part-whole, categories or object to function.  Try to generate analogies from a variety of types.

Challenge two: QR Scavenger hunt- create a list of 5 questions that will help the class review any concept we were learning about before vacation.  I will use a website to turn the questions into a scavenger hnt for us to do this week.  If you email me your questions at harveysclass@outlook dot com I might be able to have it ready for Monday morning.

Challenge three:  Multiplication and Division workout- solve the following problems.  31 x 4, 54 x 72, 831 x 9, 843 x 75, 56 / 7, 765/5, 8432/4

1 comment:

  1. Alexa
    The division and multiplication is easy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed! Students, please remember to use only first names! Please also proofread your comments before submitting them!