Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pushing your thinking...

Use at least four of the following prompts to complete your essay support.  Be sure to reread your work to make sure that it makes sense.

Expanding our writing with prompts*

For example,
Another example is,
In addition,
The reason for this is…
This makes me realize…
This connects with…
This is giving me the idea…
On the other hand…
I partly disagree because…
This is similar to…
This is different from…
Some people think._________, but I think….
I used to think________, but now I realize…

*borrowed from Lucy Calkins' Breathing Life into Essays

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Mrs. Harvey!

    When I was in third grade I actualy used a prompt. Well it was sort of a prompt it was I thought ,but I realized that... The sentence was
    I thought that third grade was going to be hard but I realized that third grade was quite fun. and that was all the way in the beginning of third grade! Your student,
    Charity Pickering

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed! Students, please remember to use only first names! Please also proofread your comments before submitting them!