Saturday, September 7, 2013

A peek at our first week!

September 7, 2013

Hello all,

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  I am proud to say that we survived our first few days together.
On Fridays, we will recap our learning from the week with a special blog post.  Here are a few things my students learned this week:


This week we learned:

I learned about the school and the classroom. (Kalib)  
I learned about multiples.  For example 4 is a multiple of 8. (Peter and Sophia)
We learned how to greet each other. (Alexa)
I learned the square root of 9.  (Jack)


I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know all of my new students.  I wanted to share some pictures from our first week.  This will give you a peek into our classroom.
Getting our lockers was an exciting task on the first day.
I am impressed with the student's stamina for writing.
The kids worked diligently on our bulletin board.

We discussed "Read to Self", and the kids showed how great they are getting into the reading zone!

We began working in our writer's notebooks.






Our class is responsible for one of the hallway bulletin boards this
month.  We are only 1/3 of the way complete, but I love how it looks
so far.  Stay tuned for the finished product!












That is all for this week.  Be sure to check your email as I sent a newsletter on Friday.  In the newsletter, I challenged all of the children to participate in Public Library Card Month.  If everyone in our class has a library card by the end of this month, I will buy the class a pizza.  The card must be in the child's name. Have the child bring the card to school as proof that it exists.  Then, use the card often to check out cool and interesting books!


Kindly,
Mrs. Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed! Students, please remember to use only first names! Please also proofread your comments before submitting them!